Window tint laws are very important for protecting road safety and controlling the amount of light that enters cars in Western Australia. To prevent any possible legal problems and guarantee compliance, it is important to be informed of these regulations.
This article will provide you with an in-depth review of Western Australia’s window tint laws, including key rules and restrictions.
Why Window Tint Laws Matter
Due to its aesthetic appeal and several advantages, including glare reduction and UV protection, window tinting is growing in popularity.
However, window tints that are too dark or that are put wrongly may threaten road safety by limiting sight for both drivers and pedestrians.
Western Australia has implemented particular laws to guarantee the proper application of window tint on automobiles in order to solve this risk.
Legal Tint Limits
Visible Light Transmission (VLT) percentages are used to establish the allowable window tinting laws in Western Australia. VLT is the term used to describe how much visible light may flow through window glass and any film that has been put into it. The colour becomes darker as the VLT % decreases.
- Front Side Windows: The front side windows are allowed to have a minimum VLT of 35% under the law. This implies that the window must let the passage of at least 35% of visible light.
- Rear Side Windows: Windows on the back side are much more flexible. They may be darker than 20%, but not darker than a VLT of less than 35%.
- Rear Window: The VLT of the rear window may be less than 20%.
- Windscreen: The windshield must have a minimum VLT of 70% so that the driver can see clearly and freely.
It’s important to remember that these rules apply to regular automobiles. Certain kinds of vehicles, such as buses and commercial vehicles, may be subject to different regulations.
Penalties for Non-Compliance
Penalties and fines may apply if window tint laws in Western Australia are broken. To maintain standards for road safety, the police and related agencies actively enforce these rules.
- Excessive Tint: You risk paying penalties between a few hundred and several thousand dollars if the windows in your car have a VLT below the permitted limits. The specific amount will be based on the severity of the offence and the number of offences.
- Illegal Tint Installation: Penalties may also apply to improperly placed window tints that fail to follow legal guidelines. You must make sure that your window tinting is installed properly and complies with VLT regulations.
- Defective Tints: Fines may apply and it may be important to remove or replace tints that are peeling, bubbling, or preventing the driver’s vision right away.
It’s important to note that these penalties are subject to change, so it’s wise to maintain up with the most recent rules to prevent any legal difficulties.
Exemptions and Medical Considerations
Since window tinting is subject to restricted laws in Western Australia, there are certain exceptions for wellness reasons.
An exception may be available for those with medical problems that call for protection against excessive sunlight or UV exposure.
However, obtaining an exemption calls for the right paperwork and the right authority’s approval.
Choosing the Right Window Tint
In Western Australia, it’s important to choose a trustworthy service provider that follows the law when thinking about window tinting for your car. Here are some important things to think about:
- Compliance with VLT Regulations: Make that the service provider’s window tints follow the specific VLT percentages mentioned in the law.
- Quality and Durability: Choose window films of high-quality to maintain legal visibility while providing durability, heat rejection, and UV protection.
- Professional Installation: To guarantee the effectiveness and durability of the window tints, proper installation is important. Pick a service provider with trained professionals who follow industry standards.
To avoid legal penalties and guarantee road safety, car owners have to understand and follow Western Australia’s window tint laws.
While making use of the advantages of window tinting, compliance with the established Visible Light Transmission (VLT) restrictions provides good visibility.
Always choose a trustworthy company that provides high-quality window films and professional installation. You may improve your driving experience while being within the law if you follow these rules.